Barn Doors Turn Up the Style Factor in this Hamptons-inspired Home
It’s time to think differently when it comes to choosing your doors! We recently built a stunning Hamptons-inspired home for a client and used barn doors to stylish effect throughout the house, including the guest room, study, theatre and the master ensuite.
Barn doors are a hot trend in internal doors right now.
Decorative sliding doors with a rustic feel, they can be bought “off the rack” or designed bespoke to fit your needs perfectly. They can help you use a space better or provide a dramatic, stylish accent.
They also work beautifully for a Hamptons-inspired interior design theme, which is currently a highly sought-after look in Australia. Perfect for our coastal climate, the Hamptons aesthetic is elegant, timeless and relaxed. They may have a rustic feel, for which the barn doors are a great addition.
A Hamptons-style house also puts the focus on light and bright interiors that have a gracious sense of space. The barn doors fit well with the Hamptons theme, as they can slide open to encourage airflow through the house, without taking up bulky space. They also give a sense of easy sophistication and relaxed chic.
The barn doors we used in this home are classic and elegant, in simple white with plain black iron hardware at the top. This kind of contrast is an easy way to provide greater interest and drama in the design of your home.
- Moda Barn Doors with Black Tracking by Corinthian Doors
- Matt Black accessories by Gainsborough
- Doors - Taubmans 'Crisp White'
- Skirting and architrave - Taubmans 'Crisp White'
- Internal wall - Taubmans 'Barely Beige'
- Exposed track above opening installed with 5 x wall brackets and hung with two x track rollers. Floor mounted guide included to guide the door at the bottom to stop swinging motion
- Can be installed in front of a square set opening or installed with custom spacers in front of an architrave opening.
- Should be 2 to 3 inches wider that the door opening, the door will stick out about 2 inches from the wall
- Super easy to gently slide the doors open from the inside. Any handle can be installed on the outside of the door, the inside can be a flush pull handle
- Adjustable stoppers on the top track enabling you to move the stopper along the track to stop the door from opening the full way allowing a pull handle on the inside and outside of the door
- For maximum impact use featured handles
- Barn Doors can only replace doors that have the room for it to slide along the wall past the opening
At Hall & Hart Homes, we’ll help you put your own spin on the Hamptons aesthetic to create a home which truly feels like you. We believe that every Australian should be able to customise a home – without the custom price tag! When you build with Hall & Hart Homes, you’ll have access to your very own dedicated interior designer at Studio You, who will help you make your selections and take away the decision fatigue that often comes with designing a home. If it’s the Hamptons theme you’re after, we’ll help you achieve it through the entire house, from inside to out.
Whatever kind of home you’re dreaming of, we’ll help you make it a reality. We’re known for our custom design approach and for going the extra mile to create workarounds for difficult blocks or complex projects.
Our depth of industry experience will help you create a home that completely reflects your evolving family and lifestyle.
Ready to start your journey towards building a you home? Get in touch with the Hall & Hart team today.